ADASJAN'S LOVE

~~ADASJAN'S LOVE...NATURAL CARE FOR YOUR ESSENTIAL PARTS...COMING SOON~~

Monday, November 2, 2009

Monday Thoughts

Hi Crew,

I hope all is well, with everyone. I want to give a major shout out to all those who took time to hit the follow button on my blog. With the amount of bloggers and information available to us all. I feel so special to know that there are a few set of folks who have no problem with returning to this little section of the web called Thick N Curly.

I get amped when I click on my followers and see my "crew". We all share so many things in common, in particular one HAIR!. We all want to see it flourish, grow, look purdy and are attempting to take the best possible care of it as we can.

So go head and pat yourself on the back for taking a step in the right direction. No one knows it all when it come to hair, no one, but we each know something and combined we can form the ultimate machine! I am convinced. Ladies share your input with me, don't be stingy .. gimme that sweet stuff lol. ( I've been watching Maxwell a lot on you tube- Taya I'm still peeved with you for not taking me! lol it's all good ur my sis for life) . I love hair, weaves , braids, presses- but I am particularly fond of my natural kinks.


Today I was contacted by a lovely sister who has decided to leap into the freedom of kinks. Everyone applaud home girl!

I want to talk about transitioning a bit. Now we all know the type of impact of hair has on our lives right. I'm listing some of the most known phrases I've used when it comes to my hair and how it's afflicted me. Please comment and add your own phrases.

* Stop playing with the water, I just did my hair

* Hold on baby, let me tie my hair down first ( y'all know what I'm talking about)

* I'll go with you to the beach, but I am NOT getting in that water

* Alright I'll get in the water but I'm not letting it go over my ankles

* I am not going to the gym, I just got my hair done

Ok, now this list can go on and on, but I'm cutting it short. I need to stay on track with this.

Now for the sisters who are taking the jump into Natural hair, it is not always an easy thing to do. Many of us had no idea what the texture of it is, how to comb it style it and most importantly take care of it. Now combine all of that with FOLKS! Family, friends, people on the street.

Lord help you when Auntie Grace sees your kitchen and it's not pin straight. God Forbid Cece catch you with a little bit of new growth. Better yet homeboy that stays in front of the store and notice your edges looking a bit ruff. These are not easily thwarted comments, some of them may cause an automatic neck movement with an eye roll. Support is so important at this stage, the goal of beautiful natural hair must be remembered.

Transitioning Ladies,

Stay moisturized, you will notice such a difference in the two textures and you natural growth will feel super dry compared to the rest of your hair. If you're a 4 c like me keep the heavy fatty oils on hand. Castor oil, Shea butter- the yellow kind, coconut oil, stay in my hair. For me personally the light oils do nothing.

Keep your hands out of it! I have serious hand in fro disease, so I know how hard it is. Trust me less manipulation at this point is the best for retaining length.

No Heat or low heat. Don't worry about the difference in texture! be proud of those kinks, waves, naps.

Ok. Crew I have to jet - Bings hair is calling me, and I have to cook

Raphael Saadiq will be at RamsHead in Baltimore for my Birthday!

Aye

No comments:

Post a Comment